Grow with us.
Modern Sprout is a fast-growing Chicago-based design shop and manufacturer that has become a leader in the grow-your-own movement with its innovative indoor and outdoor garden-focused lifestyle goods. Modern Sprout’s collection of over 100 products has introduced a new category to home and gift retailers – gifts that grow. In addition to selling direct-to-consumer, our rapidly growing retail footprint includes Target, Barnes & Noble, World Market, Food52 and an amazing list of independent boutiques/stores.
The Operations Leader manages and oversees manufacturing operations and warehouse/fulfillment teams to build and ship products with excellence to our diverse retail footprint. This includes production planning, scheduling and optimization, and inventory organization and efficiency. You have expertise working with Warehouse/Fulfillment teams ensuring production scheduling and delivery feeds into ship dates and on-time delivery. This Leader role manages to manufacturing KPI’s for safety, quality, production, labor and material variances, and is responsible for coaching and developing team members for retention, performance and growth. We are a growing company and this role will help develop and organize continuous improvement programs as we evolve our company. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and has a talented group of managers/supervisors for Warehouse, Production and Fulfillment as direct reports and a broader team of over 25 hourly employees who report to the managers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct and energize the team of people responsible for short and long-term production planning and warehouse/fulfillment shipping
• Analyze workforce needed to run all production lines, both short and long term
• Track the production performance from a planning standpoint including monitoring, measuring, and reporting on delivery KPI’s
• Deliver key operational goals, including safety, quality, cost, operating plant efficiency, and waste reduction
• Communicate with cross-functional teams regarding any issues and constraints that may affect delivering production requests
• Materials management, inventory control, warehouse management, and inbound/outbound logistics coordination
• Make decisions that positively impact the current and future state of the business
• Develop meaningful relationships and collaborate across departments
• 5 years or more of experience in a similar role within a growing or established CPG company
• Experience working with large-scale retail warehouse and shipping processes (in-house pick and pack, eCommerce and drop ship warehouse experience a plus)
• Experience in supply chain and manufacturing (warehouse/plant) environment, as well as production scheduling and material management processes
• Analytical mindset, strong influencing and interpersonal skills
• People management, training, and development experience
• Experience working with all levels in the organization including senior leadership
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or other related field
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (expert knowledge of Excel) and experience working with an EDI/Inventory Management System
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills are preferred
• Green thumb and love for plants a major plus!
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• Modern Sprout offers a unique benefits package including medical and vision insurance, 401k plus flexible hours and unlimited paid vacation time
Modern Sprout is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment by and advancement within Modern Sprout without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
2010 W. Fulton St. F-304
Chicago, IL 60612
GROW & TELL